Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sorry for the grossness, but here's an update on my leg:

Just a quick update before I go to bed--and yes, I realize that it's not even 9 pm as I write this. But my leg hurts and sleeping is a much better alternative to being awake right now. I'll return to story time as soon as I  feel less depressed and more like putting the effort into writing something of substance.

I went to a new orthopedist today. Same diagnosis with the ankle, although at least this guy actually took the time to look at it.

The real shocker came when he took a look at my knee: it's not just bursitis. That sucker is infected. Cellulitis. Woo.

The question is: HOW? I don't have any cuts or anything on or around my knee.

I'm slightly worried, because it MAY be related to the cellulitis I had in my hand earlier this month. I have chronically, painfully, excessively dry skin on my hands, and it cracks when the dryness gets bad. Couple that with a job that requires me to shake hundreds of hands daily & touch ipads and track pads that have been soiled with the bacteria of the mall-going hordes, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I'm scared that if these things are related, then the antibiotics might not work (again). Or that it could mean something more serious.

All I know is that, right now, my knee is killing me. It's swollen to the point where it's two times larger than the other knee.

How the hell did the ER doctor not catch this???

Sigh. I hate everything.

Bed.

Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment