Saturday, July 2, 2011

aaaaaand update....GO:

Gonna make this short, since the migraine is coming back. I can feel it lurking behind my eyes, not quite there, but threatening to make this evening as hellacious as it did this morning. 

Basically, I went back to the doctor yesterday & was not only put on stronger antibiotics (in addition to, not in the place of, the other strong antibiotics I was already on). I was also told I can't go back to work until July 11. (That's bullshit, because if I want to pay my bills this month, I'm going back to work as soon as I can walk without pain.) 

I woke up at 7 this morning after defiantly sleeping through all of my alarms. I'd had a horrible night full of restless sleep and nightmares about work. I limped out into the kitchen in the half-light of the early morning, and I felt like my eyes were going to burn out of my head. I figured, "I've been crying a lot [yes, I admit it, shut up], maybe my eyes are just tired." That's happened to me before. I ate a small breakfast, took my antibiotics & vitamins, and let Frida out...and then went back to bed. 

When I woke up at 10, the burning in my eyes had extended itself into my entire body. I was dehydrated, and I had a migraine for the first time in years. The problem with running a fever is that I'm on antibiotics, so even though fevers are a side effect of cellulitis, they aren't if the antibiotics are working. So that's a problem. 

I went back to "sleep" (if you can call fitful tossing and turning "sleep"), and finally got out of bed around 11:30 and choked down some ibuprofen (because even drinking water was making me nauseous) & took a lukewarm shower. Oh my god. I can't tell you how much I needed that shower. I felt like I could almost exist again. 

I took a trip to Publix to buy some Gatorade (which I only ever drink when I'm running a fever, which hasn't happened since I was teaching at OH). And then I read (or, rather re-read) a portion of Gary Shteyngart's Super Sad True Love Story, which is one of my current favorites (despite being really eerily close to predicting the post-PC, social-network-overloaded future...)...and then passed out again until 4 pm. 

Now I'm sitting here with my little dog & watching stand up comedy with the volume way down. I want to be better already. I miss work. I miss the gym. 

The only one who's happy about my being home all weekend...


No comments:

Post a Comment